Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cause It Makes You Smile and Giggle

Here's a particularly lovely email from my mom.
Hi,

I am UPSing Salamander's bank today.  Of course I wrote a note then forgot to put it into the box.  So......

Sal - think of Grandma Korey when you're saving your pennies.  Have Mom and Dad put the bank high up for you until you are older.  I knew you just had to have this cause it makes you smile and giggle and you don't know yet but I always say "If you're not laughing you're not living." Counting the sleeps until I can hold and kiss you.  See you soon.

Love and hugs
Grandma Korey
She will be here in seven "sleeps" which is a way of counting time devised by my Aunt for my cousin when she was very small.



I have to say, when I read her email "note" to my son, it touched me and also gave me a pleasant surprise.  I didn't really know that my mom "always" says "If you're not laughing you're not living."  Though, now that she mentions it, I could see her saying that frequently.  That smart quote, along with many brilliant others, are being compiled regularly onto my page: "Favorite Quotes."  Go on ahead, check it out.  If you're into it, keep returning to check for newly added bits of linguistic beauty.  Just click the tab on my home page.

I will be posting a picture of the smile and giggle making piggy bank on my tumblr site, 1001 Son Days, later today.

2 comments:

pulley-whipped said...

i like your revised "reactions" buttons.

ShanaRose said...

thanks for noticing!