Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 Menu & Recipes

We had a small Thanksgiving party with a large amount of left-overs.  My mom teased me about making so much food and I had to admit it was no longer about the guests, but about the menu.  I was very excited to make my first Thanksgiving.  Hadj was a fantastic partner in cooking and all the food came out really well.


The gravy is absolutely worth the extra work and the Chocolate Ganache Tart is an oh my god instant classic.  In my opinion, the zest (I liked orange), shouldn't be optional as it provides the most wonderfully surprising, yet slight, citrus compliment in the heart of the crust.  Be warned, we used at least two pounds, maybe three, of butter, all told. Bon Appetit!

Snacks
Pickled Beets
Wasabi Peas
Trail Mix of dates, dried apricots, soy nuts, dark chocolate chips

Main

Sides
Brussel Sprout Hash with Carmelized Shallots  
(thanks to Ammie for introducing this months back)
Hazelnut and Apple Dressing  
(a combo of these two recipes)
Mashed Potatoes  
(with innovative tips from this recipe)
Cranberries 
(the first recipe)
Homemade Apple-Plum Sauce  
from my wonderful neighbor
Rolls  
made from a recipe in an ancient Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

Dessert

Wines
Pinot Noir
Sauvignon Blanc
Port


A hearty post feast thanks to all the amazing cooks who have inspired me and shared their wisdom!

No comments: