This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Friday, April 30, 2010

What's Going On: Last Monday Morning Pages

I have Lilies of the Valley and Forget Me Nots in a vase on my table.  I chopped kindling, started a good fire.  Now Hadj is here to fix the writing desk.  *smile*

I now have a writing desk.  It face the entrance.  Faces South.  The crackling fire is at my back.

I listened to "It's Not Easy Being Green" yesterday.  It's a collection of quotes from Jim Henson, his characters, and colleagues.  It was inspiring.  Now - this morning I feel more unsure.  I am trying to recall a connection and my inspiration.  I feel I have bled off the a lot of energy for others' sakes and the sake of my home.  That is for the sake of me too, then.  I think, though, I am having a hard time recalling something.  I am even wondering what that thing might be.

According to the audio, Jim wanted to leave the world a better place.  He certainly did so, too.  What do I, or can I, do to improve the world my way?  His great interest was the positive power of possible in television.

Mine is....what?  Books?  Teaching?  Letters?  Language?  I feel I could give a lot to children's literature... Over all...

I am unsure.  I want to lay back and silently be.  Wait.  Not contemplate, but wait for some answer.

On the other hand that does not seem to be the answer either. 

So--what have been my stated goals?  Debt freedom, learning and the pursuit of discovery, teacher training, writing, and travel.  That my not be the order. 

I think the fire needs a stir.  And my toes are cold.  And I want a tarot reading...

No comments: