This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sent to a Craigslist Posting Today

A short lifetime ago I spent five years as a highly professional administrative assistant.  Since love has brought me to the Puget Sound to start anew I have spent considerable time rebuilding my life from the ground up.  This building process has included a huge amount of cooking nourishing and delicious meals, organizing two (six if you include the pairs of pets) lives merged into one small space, and seeking footholds in the path to who I will become.  I am a writer, a healer, a yogini, and someday I will offer these services professionally.  Right now, I am a busy ant looking for a fulfilling way to garner more income. 
Please check out my resumes.  I have included my "service" resume, as well as my "administrative assistant" resume.  They are both knockouts and include my contact information. 

Before I leave you to the most special part of this particular letter I want to cover your "small print":  I am available part-time and flexible.  I drive a reliable green Subaru station wagon, which is apparently the mascot vehicle of the Puget Sound.  I quit smoking on my 28th birthday, which was February 1 (go me!).  I have two dogs and two cats, have taught children of all ages and adore them, their humor, and the insightful challenges they present (see "IRD Teacher" on resume for reference).  I wash and dry; sweep and mop; brush and floss regularly, and quite enjoy doing so.  I am a household manager extraordinaire; feel free to ask my fiancee. 
Since you mentioned, specifically, recipes, I'd like to give you a glimpse at the most recent week's menu:
  • this morning: Spinach feta scramble with green olive garnish
  • Sunday dinner: Hoppin' John with brown rice and sharp cheddar
  • Saturday lunch: Winter "Shana Cobb" Salad with dried apples and onions, maple sausage and ham, broccoli, cauliflower, chives, and celery tossed with a poppy seed dressing
  • two quarts: Spicy kimchee
  • last Thursday: Potato leek soup
  • the week's bread: Pumpernickel
  • Wednesday dinner: home-made pizzas with home-made sauce; 1 ham, artichoke, onion & 1 green olive, artichoke, onion
All the best,
Shana R. Cobb
--
Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings.  Not all things in life are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest.  The blessing is in the seed. - Muriel Rukeyser

2 comments:

pulley-whipped said...

I'd hire you

ShanaRose said...

The title of the posting was "Domestic Goddess." Like they already knew my name!