Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Straight Flush, Queen High

The crush on Savannah continues with my scouring the web for tips on citizens' lives there and what neighborhood I should aim to stay in when I find my vacation time. I found the Under the Rainbow Inn, the only "gay B&B" in Savannah and commenced imagining gossip and laughter filled afternoons with the proprietors while they direct my sun kissed shoulders to the best watering hole/dance club/shop they know of. The reviews were pretty bad though so I moved on to a local coffee shop. A review claimed the locals referred lazily to the coffee shop as the one where "all the lesbians and hippies hang out". I call it home.


In more grounded reality there is my answer of "Pretty well." That's how I respond to people asking how I'm doing. It's the truth. I'm not notably great, but I'm not sluggishly sad either. There is sadness that issues forth when people talk about their relationships, or when I think about the last time I had sex and how it was amazing, and sometimes when I think about the concept of personal injuries I feel their sadness lingering. Overall though...I'm flush. I have quite a few things going on and the busy social season quickly approaches. I want to share myself with someone, but for now I guess I'll keep the banana split that is my personality to myself. That makes me sad. When I was kid in kindergarten and all the kids didn't want to watch caterpillars inch across sidewalks - that caused sadness too, so it's not terribly new I suppose. I do miss feeling adored, but (and here I'm just comforting myself) maybe that's what mirrors are for.


At any rate life is interesting. I still enjoy inching sidewalk creatures. I still have a hefty collection of toys, sentences, and calming sutras, and the advice from one friend to keep moving forward. That's not always my strong suit but lately, it's manifesting pretty well. Before I go, two things:
1. I'm aware of and sorry for my light posting as of late
2. I'm aware of and mildly apologetic for continually re-posting Breszny's astrological omens this year. He's got me fucking pegged since November '08, it's almost eerie.

So here's this: Aquarius Horoscope for week of April 22, 2009
You've said enough for the time being. You have expressed the hell out of yourself and have been thorough in providing your vision of how the collaborative efforts should unfold. But now I think you should cultivate the power of silence. Keep your evolving thoughts to yourself for a while so that they can ripen in your imagination, and allow the ideas you have already put out there to fully work their way into the imaginations of others. In early May, it will be time to jump back in with a new dose of your insight and inspiration. By then, people should be begging you for more.
If anyone wants to beg, I'll write you a nice story. Begging is so hot.

3 comments:

pulley-whipped said...

i beg you to take a pic of that pun coffee shop when you go to savannah.

ShanaRose said...

You know it. I'm softie for puns.

Honey said...

I think most of us could stand to do more self-adoration.

Savannah is beautiful, but oh-so dark. (In both the haunted and the suicidal art-student way) I'll be interested in hearing your response after being there. I imagine there is a very wide range of realities there, as there is anywhere.

I want a nice story! Oh please ShanaRose, won't you write us a nice story? Pretty, pretty please? Please in a sticky-sweet southern accent?

:)