It's time!! Let the moonlighting begin!
I am going to market my services as a Reverend in the upcoming Wedding/Commitment Season (more on my experience after questions). I am doing some research and that's where all you married/formally commitment ceremony'd come in.
Please copy/paste and answer the following 15 questions to the best of your abilities and e-mail them back to me at shanaroseis(at)yahoo(dot)com. If you hate computers and would rather call and chat about it, feel free! Just give me a heads up in the comments and we can set up a time.
Any other insights, fond memories or suggestions are encouraged. Please also feel welcome to forward this to any other friends/couples you know who have recently gotten hitched or taken part in commitment ceremonies. Be Well!
Thank you! Love, Shana
Common expectations/Requirements for Reverend to perform for a Wedding
1. Who was responsible for acquiring the marriage license?
2. Did you write the bulk of the vows/speeches for the ceremony? (If so, please skip question 3).
3. The Rev. wrote the bulk of your wedding service: What input did you provide to make it more personal?
4. How long was your ceremony?
5. How did you find/choose your Reverend?
6. Was your wedding indoors or out?
7. Did your Reverend have a microphone?
8. Did you Reverend hold a book to read the ceremony from? Did you like/dislike this?
9. How much did you communicate/work with your Reverend prior to your actual ceremony?
10. Did you Reverend stay for your reception (if you had one)?
11. How much did you pay for your Reverend's services?
12. What year did you get married?
13. In what state did you get married?
14. Was there a specific religion represented in your ceremony?
15. What was the best thing your Reverend did to help make your ceremony special?
Reverend Shana Rose's Qualifications
Ordained by the Universal Life Church in May, 2008
First wedding performed in August, 2008 - recommendation upon request
Public Speaker Experience
February 2009 - 3 Monologues in "The Vagina Monologues", V-Day Lakeview (Chicago)
March 2008 - Guest Host/DJ on KFAI St. Paul/Minneapolis
June 2006 - 2008 - cafe or bar Poetry Readings/Open Mics
August 2002 - 2004 - Radio DJ for WUPX, Marquette MI
May 2003 - September 2003 - Radio DJ for WMQT, Marquette MI