Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Monday, December 22, 2008

Making Books, André Bernard

One of the best descriptions on my feelings at this time of this year:
Yet I can't help thinking that as this year gasps its way to its merciful end, something terribly sad is happening, that a vague, general shift in the cultural landscape will alter how or what we read in some still indefinable way; that a quirky, creaky, financially insupportable business that in spite of itself produces that most desirable and perfect of objects -- the book -- is perishing, and that we are yet to fully feel the loss.



From The Washington Post on-line yesterday
Click the title of the blog post to go there.
Emphasis mine

2 comments:

ammie said...

That's really beautiful and sad. My life would be so much less rich without books, both the words and the physical objects.

ShanaRose said...

Mine too. I don't buy into the end days ideas of publishing though. Maybe it's denial, because I prefer to read pages not screens, but I don't think I'm alone.