Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just Moving Along

In a "totally Shana move" (as stated by good friend) I binged on Saturday to "prepare" for my detox diet, which I'm about 4.5 hours into now.

Part of the detox requires that I eliminate gluten, corn, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, dairy and eggs from my diet. I was given a booklet of recipes and sample meals for a week. I pulled the existing literature off the shelves and did what I do best: made a list.

Shopping for things like tapioca flour and blue agave nectar is fun, I felt like I was on an expensive scavenger hunt. I don't think I'll wind up spending more on groceries in the long run per se, but I need to stop letting my refrigerator turn into a mock stereotype frat house fridge. When I went out to the stores last night I had milk, eggs and pickles on the shelves.

I found a great sounding recipe for beet greens and am almost done with my laundry. I've scrubbed much of my house. My cats let me sleep through the night last night for the first time (progress!).

I'm feeling good.
I really love Sundays.

1 comment:

Danny said...

YAY! I went off the patch two days ago.