Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Am I Glowing Yet?

The Fun with Detox Continues!

Dinner last night was a triumph of roasted beets and their greens. Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinaigrette. Toasted cashews and Pine nuts. Kosher salt, Fresh cracked black pepper, sage, thyme. Julienned carrot. Brown rice with roasted flax seeds.

Breakfast was good too! Gluten free banana toaster waffles. The last spoonfuls of frozen Alaskan wild blueberries. A touch of Agave nectar, which I don't think I needed in the end.

To pacify my fears of a caffeine withdrawal headache, I had a cup of green chai tea. I didn't drink coffee yesterday, but weekends are a different story than Mondays at the office.

For a snack I mixed a bag of cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, pecans, sunflower seeds and golden raisins. I just had a handful and it was so good I had to come blog about it.

Fun with Healthy Food!

***6 Hours Later***
I dunno what's causing it exactly, but I've had a nagging headache and no energy for about 2 hours now. Caffeine withdrawal?
Plus, Sugar cravings? Check.

I'm still optimistic overall. It's the perfect day to go home and be cuddly in bed with kitties while it's stupid rainy and cold out.

No comments: