This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

There Are Ways Out

note to self:
don't listen to rage against the machine
on the way to work




in the next post, i talk about swoon more. at the end of the interview i link to she says something that's at the core of success.
I don’t even really like this work (the early paste-up pieces). In fact nobody likes it. Even when you don’t quite know what you are doing you have to keep doing, then you will hit on something. Sometimes you will spend six months making really ugly things but you would never have gotten to the good stuff if you hadn’t gone ahead and made the ugly stuff.

1 comment:

Marnina said...

I found your blog through Hobo Stripper's blog. I saw this photo and it reminded me that I have that printed out and still in a box I haven't unpacked. I need to find that box, unpack that and hang it up on my wall.

thanks for reminding me.

M