Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Ex at My Bus Stop.

this is done in the form from the Overeducated Nympho's triad blogs. I've adapted it. I like it and it's good to know who/what you like as a writer.


My heart: Shit. I can't believe she's here!
the head: You knew it would happen eventually. You live in the same neighborhood.
My heart: But I forgot as time passed! And I'm not in her hood! I'm on My route to work! What is she doing here?! Doesn't she work from home?! ShitShitShit!
the head: You're staring.
The pussy: And she doesn't see you.
My heart: Really? Is she just playing cool?
EGO: Ow. Look away. Be cold. Look away hard.
My heart: Is she looking? Does she see us?
the head: This is stupid. Look at her. She's walking this way.
The pussy: Does she see us?
EGO: She's five feet away. She has to see us.
Removes sunglasses. Gets her eye immediately.
the head: Her face. It's doing that cool cover up...
My heart: ...adorable sheepish look. Shit. I'm scared. I'm scared I can't control these feelings.
three hours later
My heart: Shit.
the head: It went well. Chill out.
My heart: Will she call? Or text?
the head: Fuck. No obsessing allowed. Absolutely not!
EGO: Remember that floor you dropped through last time?
the head: And how months in an unfamiliar emotional basement felt empty and sad?
My heart: Yeah.
the head: Do Not go there. Stop obsessing and get to fucking work. Think about something else.
My heart: Her face. I shouldn't have sent that e-mail to her saying I kinda loved it. Shit. Why am i so bad at thinking about something else?
the head: Oh christ you're obnoxious. Shit.
My heart: Hey, I can't help it!
The pussy: No! It's good! She suggested lunch! She told you you look good!
My heart: She was as herself as she can be on short notice.
the head: Shit. Just keep quiet.
EGO: Keep quiet little chick.
the head: Try and enjoy the first day of spring.

No comments: