Pages

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

holidays

fuck.
the holidays.

i like my family, and am lucky for that.
the traditions are nice enough.

but damn, fuck. thanksgiving.
really? thanksgiving is a lie.

the holidays are a lie and make me want to retreat to quietly independently owned shops, drink tea, and read adbusters.

all of those things require consumption.
people are telling me they're buying me gifts.
i have only myself to give them, and somehow i still feel embarrassed or guilty.


Ten Days Later***addition***
from the "quote of the month" at the end of my yoga studio's news letter

"You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard
for fear you may need them tomorrow?"

- Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

Hadj said...

i think your gift is extremely thoughtful. i appreciate the offer and i will take you up on it as soon as i can.

Hadj